Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Best of Boots!

Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat ' or 'What will we drink ' or 'What will we wear for clothing ' ... for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

Matthew 6:31-32

Today was a great day! I ran around town doing all sorts of crazy errands that needed to get done...phew!

While I was out and about I decided to take a peek in at our local Goodwill and see what was new.

Have I told you yet how much I LOVE to shop at thrift stores? It is so exhilarating! I never know exactly what is going to be there or if something is waiting patiently on the shelf just for me. The possibilities are endless!

My two favorite people to go thrifting with are my Mr. and my little sister Jeanne. We just have WAY too much fun. (I will add, lest you wonder/worry, that I have a VERY strict budget for such places and am in no danger of becoming a "hoarder"... I even have a thrift store "philosophy" which I may share in a later post...perhaps).

I think that the main reason I love these stores so much is that many times I will find exactly what I need (clothing for the littles, maternity clothes, coats, shoes, home items, ect) for a fraction of what it would cost to buy them new at the mall or any other store. Shopping at second-hand stores makes me feel like I am using our money wisely and enables my Mr. and I to provide for our families "needs" and even a couple of "wants" here and there.

When your budget is very tight (as ours most definitely is) it is very difficult to think of yourself and you very rarely allow yourself to purchase anything that you don't absolutely "need". I know that's how I get anyway and sometimes counting every little penny, all the time, and denying yourself EVERY "want" can make you go a little crazy. I think that allowing yourself to "splurge" a little for something you "want" every once in awhile is completely acceptable as long as it doesn't mean your family has to go without something they "need". I'm lucky my Mr. agrees ; ) For me there is a sense of freedom in having the ability to buy something I simply "want" for my Mr., my littles, or myself...every now and then.

Well today I found two terrific treasures (for me). You will not believe me when I tell you so I'm just going to show you.


I'm super excited about these because white boots can be worn all Spring and Summer!

...and these black beauties zip all the way up the back! Fun!


I know! God must really love me! I mean REALLY love me.


Find your delight in the LORD who will give you your heart's desire.Commit your way to the LORD; trust that God will act. 
Psalm 37:4-5

God has certainly acted! These boots are H.O.T.! Just what I wanted. They are both made of pure, genuine, marvelous, leather (drool), are made in Brazil (almost anywhere is better than China right?), and are just. my. size. (!!!!!!!)

I'd been scouring the internet for boots similar to these but couldn't afford (or justify) spending the $50+ that it would cost for the knock off brands that would only last 6-9 months and anything leather...psh...well that was completely out of the question.

My boots are very similar to these...

Lanvin Knee-High Leather Boots (these beauties cost over a grand!)
Sierra Leather Boots - Kate Spade
and these...


Black Leather Mina Flat Boots - Ann Taylor

Corso Como Dame - Racheal Zoe

...which would have cost $$$$.




So do you want to know how much I paid for my leather lovelies? I know you do.


My total cost for two, amazing, nearly new, pairs of leather boots was only $11.98!


Yes folks, fashion is at you fingertips and it can even be AFFORDABLE! What a concept!


Happy Shopping!



I am always eager to admire fab finds from afar. I'd love to see what kinds of deals you come across. Do share!



For I have learned to be content, whatever the circumstances may be. I know now how to live when things are difficult and I know how to live when things are prosperous. In general and in particular I have learned the secret of eating well or going hungry of facing either plenty or poverty. I am ready for anything through the strength of the One who lives within me.
 Philippians 4:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment