Note: This recipe serves approx. 7 (i.e. Our family of 5 + leftovers for my Mr's lunch the next day).
- Enchilada sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
- Black Beans
- 8-16 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded, divided (I like to use a LOT and grate my own to avoid any excess preservatives)
- Sour cream
- Green chile ( I usually make half the pan w/o green chile for the littles. We love 505 Southwestern Green Chile (med)).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Warm tortillas in microwave, or in oven; dip them in the enchilada sauce and lay them in a 9x13 inch casserole dish (I use my glass pyrex dish).
- Fill each tortilla with black beans, cheese, sour cream, and green chile (or mild salsa for the littles); roll.
- Repeat until dish is full.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. (I like to cover the dish with aluminum foil for the first 20 min and then remove it for the last 5-10. This helps hold the moisture in and keeps the enchiladas from becoming too dry).
Black Olives (sliced)
Sour Cream (additional)
Fresh Tomatoes (diced) or fresh homemade salsa
- Mexican Rice
- Fresh Fruit (we love sliced mango with this)
|Fresh Sliced Mango|